StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cookies Aren't Good Fuel? Bummer.

I know, I know... I've read it a billion times already: nutrition matters. Knowing this did not keep me from going on a serious cookie binge last night, however. I lost track of how many I ate but it was enough for my boyfriend to call me the cookie monster. This morning I got to work with a migraine and I started to re-evaluate following my cravings... When I died after 1.65 miles into my 3 mile tempo run at lunch, I knew why. Damn cookies. But they are just soooo good and even though I know they are bad for me in so many ways, I can't not eat them when I really want them.

Don't get me wrong, I've been trying. I've been running for a year now and am happy to report that I have lost 16 pounds... Sadly, as I have also realized that I've been under the impression that I was much taller than I actually am, I still have about 15 pounds to go before I'm at a good running weight. And that goal is totally doable - on most days - just not when the cookie monster rears its ugly head!

But I overcame - at least I overcame my workout woes, anyway. I pushed through and got in my tempo run. I'm doing a 5k in 9 days and am really hoping to finish in a time that will project a good 1/2 marathon finish for the fall. I'm working on my speed and plan to continue to do so for the next month or so before getting into a 1/2 marathon training plan. Let's hope I can pick it up and leave those cravings behind by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment