StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Monday, June 21, 2010

The First Day of Summer

...is a funny thing in the South. The heat index has been near 100 degrees for the better part of three weeks now. While this does not only mean that lunch time runs at work are always done inside, I can now say I deemed Sunday morning officially too hot to run. So much for getting in my miles last week! It was probably for the best as a sports massage on Friday left me feeling pretty depleted the rest of the weekend... and my weekday runs were rough as I think I was still (sadly) recovering from the Race for the Cure. Here's hoping for better luck this week and the energy to get up earlier and run when it is still somewhat cool out... that probably means getting on the road at 5:30 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment