StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Massive Fail

So much for my tempo run today. I knew I was in trouble after giving blood yesterday and feeling super wiped out. I should have given myself another day to rest up after Saturday's hard run and Monday's intervals but I wanted a two-day break before the race. Here's hoping that my thinking pays off... I fear that I am still going to be wiped out.

Last night I attended an informational meeting at Fleet Feet for a half marathon program. I think it will be great to have a disciplined training schedule as I prepare for the City of Oaks half in November - given that my second half was slower and more horrible than my first, training on my own just isn't cutting it! The program doesn't actually start until the beginning of August but I am really excited about it. We'll do group runs on Wednesdays and Sundays. You run with a group based on pace... This 5k on Saturday will determine my group so there's a lot of pressure for Saturday!

I think I am going to start adding in some hill workouts after this race. Make next week an easy week and then every other week after that add in a hill workout instead of doing intervals... I've read that hill work is how many recreational runners gained speed so here's hoping! I am also reading Hal Higdon's Run Fast but it seems that I am doing everything I should be ... although I need to start adding those long weekend runs back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment