StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hobblestein

How many 28 year-old (mostly) fit people hobble out of their bed every morning? This one sure does! It started with planter faciitis in March. The PF got better with some new shoes but it still bothers me when I get up. Most days, my back and calves do, too. As a result, at the sound of my alarm (located for some masochistic reason in the bathroom), I heave myself up and proceed Frankenstein-esque the ten or so steps it takes to hit the snooze button. The Frankenstein hobble is usually repeated three more times until it is finally so late that I must actually hobble my way into readiness for work. This morning, though, I could not hit snooze as I had too many errands to run before work. Having to do the hobblestein all through the house led me to the realization that my morning problems with mobility are ridiculous! Usually, I loosen up a bit with each trip to the alarm so that when I actually get up, the hobble isn't quite so bad. Since I did not have the luxury of hitting snooze today, though, the hobble was at its worst and proved to be very problematic as I tried to lurch around three large and excited dogs to get ready for work.

I stretch, I get my rest days in, my mileage is quite low so why I hobble is a bit confusing. I'm so glad my boyfriend considers my get-up time much too early to open his eyes or I'm sure he'd be very alarmed. Something must be done, though! I can not be in my 20s and also struggle to walk normally when I have no real cause not to. I shall investigate and see what the running experts say to do about this. Lord knows that if, for some reason, I'm in a hotel and we have to evacuate in the middle of the night, I might not make it out in my current condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment