StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Practice Run Successful!

Well, I did it! I met a friend on Saturday to do a practice run of next weekend's 5K race and we finished 3.1 miles in 30:56! WOO HOO! I was doing some serious air sucking at the end of it and there's no way I would have finished that last tenth of a mile if my friend hadn't been cheering me along but I did it!

Today my legs are tired but I'm going to do my interval workout at lunch and then follow that up with a tempo run on Wednesday. I'll take Thursday and Friday to rest up before the race on Saturday. Here's hoping I can pace myself and pull through those hills to do just as well on that run as we did on the practice effort (secretly, of course, I'm hoping to do even better!).

In other good news, I've lost two more pounds! I am two pounds away from losing a full twenty since I started running a little over a year ago. Once I reach that goal, I'll set my sights on the ten additional pounds I should lose to be at an optimal running weight (of course, I realize that this would drop me down a jeans size and I'm pretty psyched about that, too!). Today, I am so thankful for getting involved in this sport. I have come a long way in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment