StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Triangle Race for the Cure

This year I signed up to run the 7 am race hoping that the heat wouldn't be as bad that early. It was terribly hot. That, coupled with the fact that I started way too fast (okay, mostly because of the fact that I started way too fast), I ended up failing to meet my race goal of finishing in under 31 minutes. I had to walk a lot of the hills. I nearly walked the whole way in after about 2.5 miles but then I realized that my time might not be so horrible if I plodded along... I ended up finishing in 31:30. Needless to say, I plan to go back out on the course in a few weeks and get under 30. I know I can do it, I just need better pacing. Turns out this whole racing thing takes some practice!

On Sunday, I did an easy two miler to loosen up from the race. This means I should be ready to run today (Tuesday), but I felt pretty beat last night and thought it might be better to take an extra day. So I need to do at least 12 miles between my runs on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. I'm hoping to do 2 x 3.5 and then a 5 miler on Sunday. I like taking an extra day here and there - it definitely makes me more excited to get out there and run.

I recently purchased a pair of Nike Frees to wear when I'm not running. Here's hoping they help with my PF... It isn't unmanageable but it helps when I have a bit more arch support during the day. Fingers crossed!

1 comment: