StatCounter

A Beginner's Chronicle of the Running Experience

Please join me on my journey...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why Blog? Why Now?

I've been running for a year. During this year, my ability has increased very little but my obsession with the sport has increased ten-fold. I have struggled to find good information and a place to store worthy information. Upon reading an archived article from Running Times this morning, I knew it was time to find a solution.

I hope that this blog will provide other newbies to the sport some support. I get tired of finding countless blogs that are started when someone signs up for a race and then quickly forgotten by the would-be blogger. There are also blogs that are supposed to be about running but turn into long diatribes about breastfeeding (yeah, that was a rough read) or other mundane facts of life.

I plan to sign up for and run the Chicago Marathon in 2011. I will keep this blog up at least until that date if not longer. I hope that running will be a lifetime addiction for me. It has proved to be a fruitful adventure thus far and I can't imagine not continuing down the running road. I imagine I'll need to change the name of this blog shortly after the race -- can one still be a RunnerGirl after thirty?

No comments:

Post a Comment